Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where did the time go?

Time seems to really be flying now. I suppose most of that is due to the fact that I have SO much to do in what seems like so little time! I have about 3 1/2 weeks left here in Buenos Aires and I don't quite know how I'm going to get everything done! Possibly a lot of focus, determination, and motivation -- all of which I seem to be running low on these days!

This weekend was one of the more relaxing weekends I've had in a long time!! Thank God! Thursday, Bot and I headed to Casa Bar (an American style bar smack in the middle of Buenos Aires) to watch the Celtics-Heat game. Despite spending an $40(pesos not dollars) cover, we got the last seats we could find at the bar and waited for my friend Annie to show up! It ended up being a really great night, I got to watch a few minutes of the Yankee game (before the switched it over to basketball) and we consumed copious amounts of wings, something that is not all too common down here!

Friday, Bot and I headed back into Barrio Chino (Chinatown) for some delicious Chinese food! So delicious! I can't get enough of it. And I've also discovered dried/candied grapefruit peels (which are better than they sound). I've already started looking up recipes to make them for myself when I get back home!

Saturday, I headed to the Recoleta market to do some souvenir shopping. It was nice to just walk around and check out all the vendors selling their handicrafts! Later that night, I headed over to Annie's house to hang out and watch a movie! Believe it or not, she found a bottle of wine for $8 pesos - that's less than 2 American dollars!!!! We laughed a bunch and got a kick out of watching "Something Borrowed".

Sunday, I headed to the market in San Telmo to do more souvenir shopping! Even with two days of souvenir shopping, I'm still not done! But, I've made an impressive dent in the number of souvenirs I have to bring back! Bot and I of course headed to church that night, at the Methodist church.

Now, a week of homework and papers! Hopefully on Thursday some of us are going to head to Siga La Vaca (buffet style BBQ) for dinner and Friday we had to a Milonga with our Tango class to get some practice. We'll see what the rest of this weekend brings -- I'm sensing lots of homework!

Although I'm fairly content here in Bs.As., I'm definitely anxiously awaiting to get on my flight home! My heart hurts every time I think about getting home to see my friends and family! Oh what a glorious reunion it will be :) My expectations for this summer are SKY HIGH and I only hope my summer can live up to my expectations!
¡Vamos a ver!

Until July 7th,
-C

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be part of your summer - but have a great one, miss you Christa!

    ReplyDelete