Thursday, July 5, 2012

T.O.M.O.R.R.O.W.

Whoa -- I leave TOMORROW!!

What a wonderful time it's been here in Buenos Aires!
I can't quite put into words these last (almost) 5 months!! At times, it still seems surreal. I studied abroad!! I studied abroad??

Where do I start? Just to name a few . . .
-I've learned more of the Spanish language (I've learned not to call it 'Español' but rather 'Castellano')
-I've learned how to sucessfully avoid dog crap on the streets
-I've learned how to navigate the public transportation system of Buenos Aires
-I've learned how much I can miss my family
-I've learned of my love for Dulce de leche
-I've learned to use the Argentine accent and 'vos'
-I've learned how much I can come to love a foreign country

And to be honest, there is a lot of this city that I'm going to miss. I always thought I was part 'cityiot' (city + idiot) but now I definitely am!
-I will miss the man who sings opera in my apartment building at any and all hours.
-I'll miss my cleaning lady always greeting me with the most sincere "¿Como estás mi corazón?" and following it up with "Me alegro mucho mi vida."
-I will miss my host mom's cooking
-I'll miss my daily commute to school (sometimes)
-Strangely, I'll miss being surrounded by Castellano
-I will miss medialunas, empanadas, and of course, dulce de leche
-I'll miss the friends I made along this journey!

Well, if I continued, we'd all be here for a while!
Thank you Argentina, for this amazing opportunity, that I will most certainly never forget!

Prayers as I head home tomorrow and arrive in the States on Saturday. I woke up this morning pretty sick and I'm hoping to feel a little better by the time I touch down in Newark!! Looking forward to seeing family and friends this weekend!!
Starting Saturday, I'll have my REAL cellphone back - and I'll be reachable on that! :)

Besos
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment