Friday, July 6, 2012

Peace Out Buenos Aires

I'm sitting in my (Argentine) room, wondering how the time flew so fast . . . was it really almost 5 months ago that I first walked into this room? Wow! The footprint that I accidentally left on the floor from the first day I was here has completely faded now. (Explanation: the hardwood floors are not stained and finished, therefore, anything wet/damp leaves marks - something my host mom had to explain to me several times since I love being barefoot)

My bags are packed (or rather, stuffed) and sitting in the corner, my closet and all my drawers are bare! It's so strange! To think that I'll never see this place again is mind boggling.

Buenos Aires (and Argentina) has been good to me. It's definitely all been an experience that I will never forget.

Last night, my entire host family came over for dinner and delicious dessert. After hours of eating and talking, I said goodbye to them all, thanking them for everything! In 2 hours, I'll say goodbye to my host mom and hop in a taxi to the airport!

Despite feeling sad about leaving Buenos Aires, I'm ecstatic to be getting home! Although 17+ hours of traveling isn't going to luxurious or comfortable, it'll be worth it!

Well, I'm signing out!
This is most certainly my last post from the great city of Buenos Aires. Thanks for following my incredible Spanish-speaking, mate-drinking, tango-dancing journey! It's been one for the books. Memories made!

Besos y abrazos siempre,
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment